Be your own advocate.
Welcome to our Resources Page!
Here is where you will find links to videos, articles, websites and a few books that we have we have found to be very informative and worthy of sharing on our website. New information is always becoming available, so please contact us if you come across a new information resource, or a relevant article that we can add to our website.
No More Broken Hearts wants to be a trusted community resource and your springboard into learning about why a heart scan CAN save your life. We encourage you to educate yourself, talk to your doctor, and take the next step in making sure your arteries are healthy by requesting a Coronary Artery Calcium Scan.
- Irish Heart Disease Awareness
- Dr. Joel Kahn
- Society for Heart Attack Prevention and Eradication
- Athletic Heart SF | A Sports Cardiology Clinic
- National Heart Health Program
- Heart 2 Heart Foundation
- Go Red for Women
- Dean Ornish
- Matt Budoff
- The Heart Foundation
- World Heart Federation
- Big Ideas: "A Coronary Artery Calcium Scan Can Save Your Life" with Victoria Dupuy
- Health Hero, Victoria Dupuy Fighting to End Heart Attacks
- Pop Quiz, Monday with Victoria Dupuy
- Why You Should Screen for Heart Disease
- Heart Screenings Should Be Available to All
- Farewell Alan Thicke and Friends: Test Not Guess Your Heart
- The Uncommon Type of Heart Attack That Kills Healthy Young Women
- Your Calcium Score, Your Heart Health
- Ancient Mummies Prove Heart Disease Is as Old as We Are
- Early Warning Signs of Heart Attacks 'Being Missed'
- World Renowned Heart Surgeon Speaks Out About What Really Causes Heart Disease
- Assessing the Risk of Heart Attacks and Storkes: How a Coronary Artery Calcium Score May Help, and Who Needs the Test
- Young Women's Hearts at Risk--New York Times
- Google Pill? Heart Disease Screening Now, by Dr. Michele Accad San Jose Mercury News
- Artery Plaque Alert: How an Ultrasound Can Detect Early Signs of Heart Disease by Dr. Scott Rollins
- Vulnerable Plaque Article from International Heart Institute of Montana
- What is a Coronary Calcium Scan, source National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- The Texas Heart Institute: Here you will find an interesting article on soft plaque also known as vulnerable plaque.
- Why Healthy People Have Heart Attacks and What You Can Do to Prevent One by Dr. Bradley F. Bale
- Heart Attacks Can Happen at Any Age by Elizabeth Landau for CNN
- Adding Coronary Calcium Score to Traditional Risk Factors Improves Assessment for Heart Disease, by National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- Top 10 Causes of Death from World Health Organization
- Heart Attacks in Women Can Be Different and More Deadly Than Men--Washington Post
- Heart Facts That Every Woman Needs to Know--Washington Post
- Are you a cardiac time bomb? A simple test Heart Scan can tell you.
- Heart attacks can happen at any age
- Dr Joel Kahn Explains How To Easily Detect and Prevent Heart Disease
- The importance of heart CT scans
- Detecting Heart Disease Early with Imaging | Boulder Heart Scan
- The Heart Test That Could Save Your Life - CT Coronary Calcium Score
- Detecting Heart Disease with Calcium Score - Scottsdale Medical Imaging
- Understanding Calcified Plaque and Coronary Artery Calcium Scans
- CT Heart Scan
- How to Prevent, Halt & Reverse Heart Disease with Dr. Joel Kahn
- Heart Attack Facts
- Difference between CT and MRI
- Coronary Calcium Score: Basics and Beyond
- Stress and athletes or corporate individuals. Couple radio show. Also Mens Health.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. It is not to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. It should not take the place of any medical recommendations from a licensed medical professional. The information provided does not constitute advice, and the accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed. Any medical procedure undertaken by users of this website should only be done based on the recommendation and direct supervision of a licensed medical professional.
While we endeavor to keep the information current and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of No More Broken Hearts. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation by No More Broken Hearts, nor do we necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.